New York City’s Best Kept Secrets
New York may be a dream came true for all people who get there. Everybody knows that seeing the Statue of liberty or the Metropolitan Art Museum is mandatory, but only a few know about the New York’s “secrets”, the bliss for any passionate traveller.
Let us invite you to a drink in one of the extraordinary bars in the city. Experimental Cocktail Club is run by two French men who used to be bankers but gave up their job in favour of their passion for cocktails. In the heart of New York, a piece of Paris invites you to have a good drink.
Milk and Honey is famous for the cocktail artist Sasha Petraske inventing all kind of ingenious drinks each time. The bar is so hunted for that you cannot find a place to sit unless you make a reservation in advance.
Little Branch smells and looks like the twenties. You can taste exquisite drinks and listen to jazz and have a good time with your friends or a romantic evening with your soul mate.
Mother’s ruin serves not only great drinks but also tasty food, their speciality being the onion soup with grilled cheese.
Proletariat is about all the beer you can drink (on tap, bottle or even cocktail) along with exquisite pastry, because, after all, it is a bar inside of a bakery.
1534 is a theme bar: colonial atmosphere of 1534, offering 1534 cocktails and dishes.
You may also like to visit the Raines Law Room, Please Do Not Tell and Bleecker Heights Tavern.
After energizing yourself, you can start your New York adventure by visiting places that even the people born and raised in the big city are not aware of. NYC High Line is a green space that used to be a railway. It is a slice of nature in the middle of an industrial universe. It is all about flowers and art and relaxation.
After a long day in the city, you can take off your clothes and forget about your worries on one of the New York beaches: Brooklyn’s Coney Island, Brighton Beach, Manhattan Beach, Rockaway Beach. You can spend quality time with your family, taste Russian and Ukrainian food, surf or play handball.
On top of the Metropolitan Art Museum, there is the Cantor Roof Garden, hosting a different sculpture exhibition each summer. You can enjoy the art but also the panorama, and, if you want different high points of view, you can also check out the view from the roofs of the Gramercy Park Hotel or that of the Gansevoort Hotel.
New York City Transit Museum is located in a subway station and offers a collection of MTA cars from different times, starting with 1900.
Feel like having a tea? You should absolutely go to Tea & Sympathy, in Greenwich Village, and enjoy an almost English experience. You can also try the different flavours at Podunk, in East Village, or enjoy the Victorian style at Lady Mendl’s Tea Salon, near Gramercy Park.
If you are lucky, you can catch the New York Open house week-end (takes place in a different period each year) and have the possibility to visit places that are usually closed to the public, such as the Art Deco Woolworth Building in Tribeca or an underground power station in Midtown.
Shop addicts can got to Century 21 (22 Cortlandt St.) and find the best deals for clothes and shoes having the signature of famous designers. If this is not satisfactory enough, you can also check out the Ina outlets (19 & 21 Prince St.)
There are plenty of secrets to be discovered in New York. Just find the courage to uncover them, and, who knows, maybe the city will reveal a new mystery just for you. Check the latest New York Hotel Deals Here
- An Overview Of The Britannia Hotel Manchester
- The Hoxton Hotel London: A Trendy And Comfortable Place To Stay
- Cavendish Hotel London: History, Style And Location
- Thousands Have Saved With Look4ahotel… Why Not You?
- New York City’s Best Kept Secrets
- How to Visit Bali and Have the Time of Your Life … Without the Crowds
- How to Travel the World Like Brad Pitt: 7 Killer Movie Locations (and How To Get There)
- Don’t Book Another Hotel Until You Read This
- Where to Holiday – Spain or Italy?
Book a Hotel
- Seven Of The Best Indian Restaurants In London - ForbesForbesSeven Of The Best Indian Restaurants In LondonForbesThe name and design of the restaurant were inspired by Colonial Indian gymkhana clubs where […]
- Henrietta Hotel - Premier Construction MagazinePremier Construction MagazineHenrietta HotelPremier Construction MagazineExperimental Group's Henrietta Hotel is a boutique 18-bedroom townhouse […]
- Looking for a quick European getaway? Paris is back in a big way - Fox NewsFox NewsLooking for a quick European getaway? Paris is back in a big wayFox NewsWhen it comes to after-hours libations, though French wine is world fa […]
- Good Life Cocktail Club with Torrence Swain - On Tap MagazineOn Tap MagazineGood Life Cocktail Club with Torrence SwainOn Tap MagazineIn an effort to curate unique and engaging events that center around music, a […]
- Mimosas · Film Review The experimental Mimosas traces an offbeat ... - A.V. ClubA.V. ClubMimosas · Film Review The experimental Mimosas traces an offbeat ...A.V. ClubOne of the common threads in the last decade or so of experiment […]